Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 29 - Kate's Extreme Emergency Wedding Diet Day

Author - Grant
Planned Driving Miles - 125 ish
Actual Driving Miles - 0

Kate and I had very different days today. Whilst I took Molly on a 5 mile walk through the snowy Ohio woods, Kate vomited. Whist I roamed around The Flats (Cleveland's gritty yet trendy bar and clubbing scene - I was offered a surround sound home cinema by two drive-by entrepreneurs), Kate vomited. Whilst I found incredibly fresh, tasty and diverse produce at the foodie heaven that is West Side Market, Kate went for a jog. Naah, just kidding - she vomited. And whilst I scoured Western Cleveland for something remotely healthy to eat (which sounds heartless to leave her by herself but i) I gotta eat and ii) bringing stinky food back to the room would only fuel the exorcist fountain impressions) but only found Denny's where I mistakenly had a salad (it was pap), guess what Kate did. Yep, she hurled.

I'm trying to work out if this is a hangover (in which case I should get her to sign something in her weakened state to say that she will be the designated driver for eternity), the much mocked garlic allergy (which strangely turns on and off depending on the amount of alcohol consumed) or just some plain old attention seeking. Any which way, clearly we didn't make it out of Cleveland. Indeed, one of us didn't even make it out of the hotel room.
Oh lord, talking of which...it is stiring and demanding a banana. Gotta go...

3 comments:

Mrs Martin said...

Editor-in-chief. You are sooooo unsympathetic to your beautiful wife! I tried to warn her about you but would she listen??? Kate I hope you have made a complete recovery..but you could always lay it on a bit thick for the next couple of days..Grant, as much as this pains me to say, please dont let your foody rants stop, its actually quite brilliant to read.... Mrs Martin

Mykonos said...

What? No pictures of Kate throwing up? VICE magazine would call that poor journalism.

Jason said...

I demand vomit pictures!