Thursday, March 12, 2009

Eating America Spring Break

We're in Taos, New Mexico right now where we'll be spending the next week snowboarding. Well, I say "we" but I really mean "me". Kate's foot is still giving her gyp and the doctor has recommended resting it for a couple of weeks. Still, she seems happy enough chilling out over two miles above sea level and Molly is glad of the company.

So as the days are taking a pretty repetitive (yet fantastic) routine, it seems pointless to publish a daily blog and I'm going to join the kids of America in having a not very well deserved Spring Break.

See you in a week!

4 comments:

Mrs Martin said...

Grant, can we please have a bit of notice when you are going to deprive us of your exploits? Mind you, I swear I am putting on weight just READING about what you eat... so perhaps ita not such a bad thing. Enjoy the snow, and kate hope you feel 100% soon. Love you both.

Mykonos said...

I'm sure you're going to this place when you're in Denver but just to be sure:
http://www.buckhornexchange.com/

Also, in New Mexico you should check out Chimayo
http://www.archdiocesesantafe.org/AboutASF/Chimayo.html

They have magic dirt that will heal Kate's migraines and your pooches bum leg. But the real reason to go is their extensive chili powder selections. I bought a bag of the hot chili powder about ten years ago and I've still got some left.

Mykonos said...

Here's a little more info on the chili:

http://www.saveur.com/our-favorite-foods/spices-and-seasonings/chimays-chile-culture-49055.html

Scottish Auntie said...

Your break will give me a chance to catch up on my reading!
Take care and love to Kate.