Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 103 - It's Just For Me and My Dawg

Author – Grant
Based In - New Orleans


Today’s Photoshttp://www.flickr.com/photos/32017704@N03/sets/72157613985154154/


Day 103 is a day that is far better explained by photos than by text…and I can’t be bothered writing the usual daily essay today. The key facts you need to be aware of in order to add some sensibility as you navigate you through the pictorial are…


1) Kate was ill and spent the day in bed which is why she isn’t in any of he photos. It also explains why I’m not in any photos because I am too embarrassed to ask anyone to take a photo of me and this is a feisty city so I probably wouldn’t trust anyone with our camera.

2) I went with Miles, Winston (Miles’ dog), his personal-volume-unaware friend Wes and Molly to a couple of parades. The first was a traditional floats and marching bands parade whilst the second was Barkus, a dog parade which this year had the theme of “BatMutt: The Bark Night”, hence the outrageously dressed up dogs…although that doesn’t explain the attire of the flamboyant owners.

3) The day involved an awful lot of drinking.

4) We ate at Mandina’s which served up some delicious Turtle Soup (this isn’t a nickname…it’s a soup with turtle meat that is almost indistinguishable from any other red meat in this format) and an optical illusion fish platter that looks like an edible portion when it arrives but it actually contains half an ocean’s worth of various fried seafood (oysters, catfish, crab balls and shrimp…in order of my personal preference) on a bed of fries. Despite a day of drinking, very little food and arriving almost feint with hunger, not one of us finished our plates.


Enjoy…






































3 comments:

NW1er said...

I must say, I am loving your blog. It is very funny and incredibly well written.

The battered sea food you had must have given Grimsby's finest a run for its money?

How is Kate - any better?

How much longer is left on your odyssey?

Big Mac said...

Hi Aaron,

The quality of the entries seems to go down once a fortnight but my genius needs to rest every so often.

Kate's fine now. Probably just faking the whole thing to get more duvet time.

We've got at least 3 months left on the trip if we want to see the rest of the country but something tells me we'll drag our heels and make it last another 6 at least. If you want to sponser us for a month then we'll wear t-shirts with your face on. Promise.

Hope all is well with you. Give us an update - you've got our e-mail addresses right?

Cheers,
Grant

NW1er said...

Yo! Glad to hear all is well but doubt I can afford your sponsorship levels - I like the idea though! I have your email address - I'll ping you!

Speak soon,

Aaron