Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 65 - Not Nearly Enough Eating, Running or Eating

Guest Author – Molly
From – A Warm Place (Savannah, Georgia)
To – A Slightly Warmer Place (Titusville, Florida)
Time Spent In Car – Forever
Miles Drive - Nothing I couldn't have ran (276 Miles)
Fights - One minor skirmish but I could have so taken that bitch if I weren't on my lead
Boys Humped – None
Food Eaten - Not Enough

Today’s Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/32017704@N03/sets/72157612338684708/

The big oafish looking one that smells of meat and the smaller miserable one that used to have similar coloured hair as my fur don’t let me run around any more so I’m constantly bored. Today is a classic example – after an outstanding breakfast of beef chunks in gravy (without the crunchy bits again…I think they are putting me on a diet which is ironic given the size of them) I was left in the room watching my stories for half an hour when, suspiciously, they came back smelling of peanut butter. Why they don’t feed me more is a mystery. I really do love food you know. Sometime it’s all I think about. My needs are pretty simplistic, I like eating, running around and I’m quite partial to having that bit at the base of my back scratched because it’s about the only spot on my body that I can’t reach myself.

Anyway, all I wanted to do was run around (or eat) but they started packing cases yet again. I’ll admit to being seriously worried that they were going to leave me behind but I got under their feet throughout the packing process so there was no chance they would forget me. We were in the car for five hours today and the one with the hair keeps winning shotgun to the front passenger seat but I’ll take care of her soon, make no mistake of that. They had snacks in the front but, despite creeping forward and rubbing my wet nose on their arms, I couldn’t get their attention to give me any which was weird. About an hour after they got excited at some lame “Welcome to Florida” sign we made a pit-stop. Stopping is good as I get to stretch my legs, pee and there’s always the possibility of food. The place (St Augustine) seemed to have Spanish influence although, being a dog, exactly how I know that is a mystery that my dad is too tired to care about. The fat ones ate wraps whilst all I got was a lousy bowl of water. Again, I’m sure I conveyed my desire to have some of their food but again the message must have gotten lost in translation.

Stop two was in Daytona Beach although we didn’t even get out of the car so I don’t really see the point of the visit. They took some photos of a big raceway stadium (again, the knowledge of what this was surprises me as much as you…along with my newfound ability to type) and drove on without even feeding me.

Once in the new temporary sleeping place, the two-leggers almost immediately left me and came back an hour later sweating profusely. I have a feeling they went running but they didn’t take me which sucks as I think I have mentioned that I love running. And Eating. Speaking of which, dinner was a fantastic bowl of beef with gravy although I could have eaten more. I’m gong to be now as I want to continue a dream I was having earlier – I was running along and then I ate something…it was awesome.

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be eating and running more. That would be great.

1 comment:

deny said...

poor poor molly :(